The experience that sticks out most to me is the "What's Your Secret Sauce?" assignment. It was nice to hear what my closest friends had to say about me and how these characteristics I wouldn't have thought otherwise could be useful in my entrepreneurship.
I believe I do see myself as an entrepreneur one day, even if it is with something else. I don't see myself becoming like the prominent entrepreneurs that we immediately think of, but working on my own schedule is motivation enough to at least try.
My one recommendation would be to ask other people what they think are problems so that they can have inspiration to work with. Even if he or she isn't passionate about that specific problem, maybe he or she can think of a solution. In my experience, and I'm sure many other students', its frustrating trying to figure out a solution for something when it's something you want to solve. Maybe a different perspective can be helpful. To perform best in this course, I'd recommend reading the assignments ahead of time and not taking this course with a heavy course load. To foster the entrepreneurial mindset, I would say to get used to failure and use it to your advantage. Think of it as a process of elimination tool that will only help you get closer to a solution, not further from one.

Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely share the same “high” from the assignments of the secret sauce. It was so encouraging to hear such positive feedback about myself from people who know me well. I hope Dr. Pryor keeps this as an ongoing assignment for future classes.
You made a good recommendation to future students about looking forward at the assignments, and also about looking at solutions to problems. I would add to that the mindset (which I learned from the book I read for one of the reading reflections) that we benefit also from looking at failures as opportunities to learn and grow.
Susan
Hey Savannah. I also enjoyed the secret sauce assignment and like hearing my friends thoughts. You gotta do those assignments on time for sure and keep pace with the class. You should definitely follow your passions and become an entrepreneur :)
ReplyDeleteHi Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI chose the same one! I think it was so interesting to hear what people thought of me and how my values could be useful in real world time. Most of the things I could agree on. I agree you can apply the entrepreneurship mindset to mostly everything. Great reflection.