Friday, June 28, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

I interviewed three people that are friends with the past three people I interviewed for this segment: retirees.
My interviews were based off what would they do if their desired sitter was booked. I gave them an alternative of stopping by daily to check on their pet(s) if unable to stay overnight. I offered them two options: 1) paying per visit daily, 2) a set/discounted amount for as many visits as they request.
Summary: My segment would rather pay in person by cash or a check either after the transaction or as soon as it starts (right before they leave and when the job starts). Because they’re older, I can tell they would rather stick to what is easiest than use an electronic service, such as PayPal. Two of the interviewees stated that more than one factor was important in the alternative, whereas the third state she felt price was most important because she was okay with boarding her dog if need be. The two interviewees that were in agreement both felt that they’d rather have their pets at home where they are comfortable if they got enough human interaction during visits. All of them were concerned with the comfort and safety of their pets. The two in agreement stated that they would evaluate how their pets were when they returned home and base it off how the sitter (myself) said the animal was when checking on them. If the animal seemed sad or different when they returned, then they would rather have someone stay the night. My interviewee that was okay with boarding stated that she would look for other kennels if the kennel seemed to have a negative effect on her dog or try to find backup for overnight stay.
Conclusion: I would describe them like the other segments I pet sit for. I have a couple of clients who will board their dogs if I’m booked, have someone else stay over, or not go away at all because they do not have backup. They also pay the same way as my other clients because it is easiest for everyone. I’m able to leave before they get home and not have to come back and meet with them again, although some do use PayPal. For post-purchase evaluation, I would say they feel strongly for their pets like my other clients and base it off of how their animal is when they return home and my references. 

No comments:

Post a Comment