Thursday, June 6, 2019

Solving The Problem

My selected opportunity is a pet sitting service with a one-for-one business model. I understand that it isn't possible to spay and neuter all cats and dogs or convince their owners to do so. I believe by combining the two, it can still contribute to fixing the problem while also making a profit. For instance, for every pet sitting a job, a cat or dog will be spayed or neutered. I believe this an an opportunity to profit from while also fulfilling a social responsibility. Services would include: dog-walking, overnight stay, and trips to the groomers.

2 comments:

  1. Savannah,

    I like the unique elements of this potential business. A one-for-one business with pet sitting and spaying or neutering would be an added benefit, therefore attracting more customers. I agree with you regarding the issue as a social responsibility. I have a few pets and we spay or neuter them before they even get home because I don't want any guilt if an accident happens. Overall, great business idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah,
    You have a great idea here. As a pet owner, I get very nervous with leaving my animals behind because you never know what other types of animals they may encounter. For me personally, I would be interested in the boarding services, but both of my dogs are already fixed. That is just something to consider when picking a target market. People that already have fixed animals might not be interested since they have already fulfilled their social responsibility. Great job!

    ReplyDelete