Thursday, May 23, 2019

Bug List


1) Whenever I initiate conversation with my office roommate or speak about myself, she directs it to herself and completely ignores what I said without responding to it.
Why? This conversational narcissism occurs because she is only focused on herself.
2) Every time it gets very cold in Florida, my tire pressure light comes on, and it is usually when I am driving to work.
Why? Cold temperatures can cause tire pressure to drop.
3) Whenever me and my friends hangout, they are always on their phone browsing through social media or texting.
Why? They are more interested in what is going on in other people’s lives and are addicted to social media.
4) When I try to watch something on my Netflix account and can’t because it says there are too many people watching on my account.
Why? I pay for one screen and more than one person uses my Netflix account.
5) The Dunkin’ closest to my route to work always has a long line that backs out into the street sometimes and it is difficult trying to leave the parking lot.
Why? The mornings are always the busiest from my experience and the parking lot is too small, which makes it difficult to exit because cars block the exits/entrances while in the drive thru.
6) When I am pet sitting for a family and they text me that they will be home earlier than expected.
Why? They either gave me an estimated time at first or did not think to text me earlier in the day to let me know that they would be home earlier.
7) When a receptionist at work is out and I must fill in (I work in a different department and it affects my work).
Why? I am the back-up receptionist.
8) Whenever I go to a concert with my coworker and I’m asked to drive.
Why? I have the more reliable car.
9) When people do not spay/neuter their animals and contribute to the overpopulation of cats and dogs living outside.
Why? People cannot afford it or do not realize the harm it causes.
10) When I go to get maintenance done on my car and someone tries to sell me maintenance I don’t need.
Why? Some mechanics work off commission.
11) When one of my favorite shows gets canceled.
Why? It may not be performing as well as the network would like.
12) Companies that claim to be cruelty free but are vague when asked how/if they are cruelty free.
Why? Cruelty free claims are not regulated. Some companies may not test or finance testing on animals but sell their products in China (China requires animal testing).
13) When people at work use the "reply all" button in an email while responding to the initial email (this mainly happens when someone is trying to be funny or congratulating/thanking someone).
Why? They may think that everyone will find their email humorous or believe their email adds substance.
14) When my glasses leave marks on my nose after I've put on makeup.
Why? The friction of the glasses causes makeup to rub off.
15) When my glasses fog up when I get in and out of my car.
Why? Condensation causes them to fog.
16) When cars wait until the last second to merge into a lane because the lane they are in cuts off.
Why? They are not paying attention or are rude drivers.
17) When I am pressured to hang out or go to an event by friends and coworkers.
Why? They don't understand why I do not want to go or do not believe that I have other commitments.
18) When my ears get infected from wearing earrings.
Why? I may have a nickle allergy.
19) When my friend is late to plans we've made.
Why? She is always late because she takes a long time to get ready and is inconsiderate of other people's time.
20) When my friends do not want to see a scary movie with me.
Why? They are too afraid of them.

Reflection: I did find the assignment challenging until I started coming across some of the things that bug me. Most of them are things that happen daily, such as when driving, putting my glasses on and taking them off, and being at work; Some are things that have happened recently, like being asked to hang out, speaking to a friend about cruelty free companies, going to Dunkin', and trying to use my Netflix account. When I had to think about it I could not come up with anything. It was mostly when these bugs happened.

4 comments:

  1. Savannah,
    I deal with a lot of the same things you do, and I'm glad you brought them to my attention.
    Cars waiting until the last second to merge is easily one of my biggest bugs. I never thought while making my bug list, how many things bother me while driving.
    I, also, have to put my glasses on in the car and then take them off.
    I don't wear earrings but I have had two ear infections so I understand your frustration there.
    Overall, good job identifying some common bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Savannah,
    I'm impressed with the list of bugs you created. Especially with the way you were able to so easily identify the root cause of your bugs. I also relate to not being able to think of bugs until right after they immediately happened. I think if you elaborated a little more on the "why' aspect of the bugs that it would make your list even better. Great job overall on the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Savannah,
    Your first 3 bug items really caught my eye! I totally agree with the 1st one and have been there. I work in a very busy office with many people so although I do not have one office roommate, I do see how annoying things can get. Its pretty interesting to watch how messages can get so misconstrued as people try to make it about what they want to hear, instead of the message at hand.
    Also, I have the same car issues and I cant stand the fluctuation in the weather!
    This era of social media makes it very difficult to really communicate with friends and have deep, meaningful conversations. I can totally relate to that!
    Overall, great job on the assignment!

    Salena Silvaria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah,
    You created a great list of bugs. I really like your last bug about the scary movie. Try to convince them to go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. The reply all email is another one I can relate too. I think some people don't understand when reply all means so they just use and half the people who get it aren't even involved. As you mentioned, we can get so accustomed to daily bugs that we start to not even realize them. Overall, great post.

    ReplyDelete