Economic
a) Trump Bets the U.S. Economy on Tariffs
b) I believe there is an opportunity here because Mexico is one of America's biggest trade partners.
c) I think the U.S. government is the customer with the opportunity. The U.S. government would be benefiting by imposing a 5% increase on imported Mexican goods. Unfortunately, this will either cost the importing companies or force them to increase the price of the goods to its customers.
d) It is easy to exploit. A tariff increase on China goods will be enforced this summer.
Why? - I believe I saw this opportunity because of how the current president has been treating Mexico. From the president's standpoint, it is to punish Mexico and benefit the U.S.
a) US economy has added jobs for 103 straight months. Unemployment rate falls to 3.6%
b) I believe an opportunity exists because people are benefiting from an income and the government is benefiting taxes paid from newly employed people.
c) The newly employed people and the government are the customers.
d) I think this will be difficult to exploit or remain the same. The economy is not linear because it is always changing.
Why? - I believe I saw this opportunity because of the growth of small businesses I've witnessed in my own community.
Regulatory
a) Plastic bags, straws and Styrofoam products could be on the way out at Orlando parks and venues
b) I believe there is an opportunity here because single-use plastics are used at most or all restaurants, theme parks, venues, and more.
c) I think companies that are already producing alternative products are the customer. The article states that alternative products can cost "6 cents apiece more than plastic." These companies will have more customers because of the ban.
d) I don't think it is easy to exploit because of the limited powers state governments have.
Why? - I believe I saw this opportunity because of the damage single-use plastic is creating for our environment, and the desire from companies that want to eliminate them (e.g. Starbucks).
a) Illinois legislature passes the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act
b) I believe there is an opportunity here because sick patients benefit from the use of medicinal marijuana.
c) Patients in need of medicinal marijuana and producers/distributors/manufactures are the customers.
d) I think it will be difficult to exploit even if the governor signs the legislation as expected. Illinois will be the first state ever to legalize marijuana legislatively, so this will be a new challenge for them.
Why? - I believe I saw this opportunity because my coworker's mom died of cancer and I believe she (my coworker) voted in favor of legalizing marijuana in Florida.
No comments:
Post a Comment