An entrepreneurship experience for me started in the summer of 2011 when I was asked to cat sit for my hairdresser. I was a junior in high school and she asked me if I could care for her cat daily while she was on vacation for the week. She also had a dog at the time, but she would drop him off at her father's house. Eventually, she began to ask me if I would mind sleeping over at her house to care for her dog as well. I've been pet sitting for her since then and she has adopted two more dogs. She is also my referring source when her client's ask her if she knows anyone that pet sits. All of my clients come directly from her, but I also pet sit for some of my coworkers. She used to pay me whatever she thought she was fair and I was always satisfied with that. Now, people ask me what I charge and I give them a price depending how far they live. I pet sit regularly and have keys to some of my client's houses. Sometimes I consider it a second job because I do it often, but I enjoy it and it doesn't always feel like a one.
I enrolled in ENT 3003 because I'm minoring in business and I thought this course would help me with my venture as a pet sitter, and in case I ever wanted to create an LLC. I realize now that this course will help me in other ways besides just pet sitting, such as identifying problems and discovering solutions. I look forward to the upcoming lectures and assignments.

No comments:
Post a Comment