1. Clients - I have many pet sitting clients currently from pet
sitting for eight years. This gives me an advantage because if I wanted to
increase my rate, my current clients shouldn't have a problem with it because
they know me and trust me. We've already established a relationship.
2. References - My clients can
also be my references for new clients because they know me. This is also an
advantage because they can refer to friends and family, or I can refer to them
for new clients.
3. Degree in public relations – This
is valuable to me because I wanted to strengthen my writing, and I can pursue many
different jobs with this degree. I’ve learned how to conduct better research
than before, incorporate sources, and communicate with professionals in the
field.
4. Shadowed a PR professional –
During my last semester, I was required to shadow a professional in my field. I
shadowed a PR professional at a well-established PR firm in Jacksonville and
was told to contact her when I graduate. I was able to see what a PR professional
does, ask questions, and build my network.
5. Reliable – Both my full-time
job and pet sitting job require me to be reliable. My bosses and coworkers rely
on me, and my clients rely on me because I’ve committed to them. I don’t have
my own employees to delegate work to.
6. Experience working at a law
firm for nine years – I’ve had to handle many ethical dilemmas while working
there, and this could help me with whatever venture I decide to pursue next.
7. Connections with people in
different fields – I know doctors, nurses, lawyers, business owners, entrepreneurs,
and more because of pet sitting and where I work currently. These connections are
valuable to me in case I ever need something, and they know many other people too.
My connections can’t be duplicated.
8. Memory – I’ve been told I
have a strong memory, which I think will be valuable to me in any field. With
pet sitting, this is valuable because I can be more personable and remember
names of clients’ family members, their vacations, and what they like.
9. No debt – Because I’ve paid for
most of my education out of pocket and my car is paid off, I’m able to set
aside money for savings and/or fund my own entrepreneurship. I won’t have to
rely on anyone or ask for money, and I have good credit.
10. Quick thinker –
Because of where I work, I may encounter new situations that require me to
think on my feet. This is helpful in solving problems and creating solutions. I’ve
had to do this with pet sitting conflicts, too. This is valuable because emergencies
should be attended to quickly and will be helpful in any field.
Top resource: My top resource is my clients. This is more
important to me because I won’t have to start from the bottom. I’m already
earning money from them and can continue to do so while I build my entrepreneurship.
My clients overlap with some of my social capital (my connections and references), which is
another reason why they are important to me.
Hey Savannah! Looks like all of your resources are pretty solid and valuable in their own right. I agree that your clients beat out the rest since they will be the ones generating revenue. I thought that having experience working in a law firm is super cool and also the Internship probably helped build your network.
ReplyDeleteHi Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading up on your venture. You identified many different things than I did which was cool gaining a new perspective. I also agree that your top resource are your clients. They control many many aspects of how successful you become. The fact that you already have loyal customers also gives you a solid place to start.
Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI liked the amount of detail you wrote about each advantage. This helps me better understand how that specific benefit affects you directly. The top resource of clients is vital to creating a successful business. Having a strong relationship with numerous clients can help a business grow early and attract attention of new customers through word of mouth.