Friday, June 28, 2019

What’s Your Secret Sauce?

1) Five ways in which I believe I have human capital that is unique: attentive, independent, analytical, curious, and dependable.

2) Five people that know me best:

Charlene

Charlene thinks I am silent, but this could be an advantage for me because people are more likely to listen to me when I do speak up. She also thinks I am genuine and reserved, but it gives my words more value.

Michelle

Michelle thinks I am independent and a great judge of character. She also thinks I am dependable; a great listener; and that I have a strong memory. She feels that my strong memory shows that I care about what people have to say.

Caitlin

Caitlin thinks I'm quiet, but thoughtful and observant. She also mentioned how strong my memory was.

Kelly

Kelly thinks I'm flexible, easygoing, and charismatic. She also thinks I'm curious and intellectual.

Gabriella

Gabriella thinks my personality is surprising and that I'm smart. She said that I'm quiet at first, but when I do speak it shows my sense of humor.

3) I see myself as curious and analytical. I'm always asking questions or trying to figure something out, and I always try to look at different angles of things, even if I'm overthinking something. I was surprised to hear what some of my interviewees said about me because I feel that its easy to think we, or our traits, are sometimes invisible to others, but it showed that these people really do know me best. Many of them mentioned my memory, quietness, curiosity, humor, and attentiveness. I'm told often about how freakishly good my memory is, but I didn't think it would be unique to my human capital until after I spoke with them. I also didn't think my quietness would be unique either because I'm naturally a shy person, but it made sense when Charlene said that others pay attention when I do speak and that my words hold more value that way. She later explained to me that people often tune other people out that talk a lot, and this makes me different. I would add memory to my list because these two people are constantly reminding me how good my memory is when I point something out. I would also add how quiet I am. I'm shy, but I'm also observant and listen before responding.

3 comments:

  1. Hay Savannah! It's crazy what you can learn about yourself when talking to others. I think being quiet yet observant is super cool and let's you notice things that others wouldn't. After I got my feedback the next step seemed like to see how I could use it to make my self better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah,
    Your post was very interesting. You described yourself using single traits. I did mine a bit differently, so I thought it was a neat comparison. It looks like you got some great feedback from your interviews. Maybe you considered being quiet and shy a weakness, but it turned out to be some very powerful human capital. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to personality, and I believe that sometimes my being an extrovert can sometimes get me in trouble. Great analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Savannah,

    I was also surprised to hear what some of my interviewees said to me and I found some differences with the vision I had of my own human capital. I think it’s useful to know different perspectives on our human capital, because in the end they all allow us to widen the way we view ourselves by gaining a broader outside perspective on what makes us different.

    ReplyDelete