1) I would say I failed by not doing the elevator pitches. Before the first one was due, I didn't believe I'd be able to change much to my idea and speak about it three different times. I assumed if I did it once, then I wouldn't have much to say on the second one, but I didn't do the third one either.
2) I learned that I should've done it anyway to at least get feedback on my speaking skills, lighting, personality, and possibly helpful feedback on my idea.
3) I think failure helps guide us from where we shouldn't be and provides us new opportunities. Emotionally, failure has really bothered me in the past because it's discouraging. Depending on what it is, it may take me awhile to try it again. I would say I'm more likely to take a risk, even if they are small risks.
Hi Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI'd say I struggled with the pitch as well. After I revised my first pitch and did my second one, I thought I did better but the comments said otherwise. It was really hard making it perfect. For the last one I couldn't figure out what to change about the script so I tried to add more energy and change the way I spoke. So I understand why you also had a hard time with this.
Savannah,
ReplyDeleteWhat stands out to me about your post is the beginning of number 3. I completely agree with you that failure gives up new opporunities. We should then recognize these opportunities and build on them to become even better than before the failure. This is what makes people stronger. I like how you recognize the pros and cons of the failure.
Savannah,
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat with you on the elevator pitches. I actually felt the same way about doing three of them and wasn't confident enough in myself to do them. You're right that it would have been best to do them anyways, because failure is what makes us improve.