Friday, July 12, 2019

Reading Reflection No. 2

1) I read The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. The general theme of the book is how to enhance your social media presence with 123 tips.
2) I think this book connects with the notion that entrepreneurs are independent and that 75% of entrepreneurs will fund their businesses themselves. I think social media can be a powerful tool to get your business idea out there, and Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook are all free tools to use. These platforms allow you to engage with customers and get real-time feedback.
3) If I had to design an exercise for this class based on this book, it would be: Create a social media account that you think would suit your entrepreneurship at the start of the semester (Instagram or Twitter). Use hashtags that are appropriate for your business idea, and make one post per week. Posts should be able to generate feedback from followers (or people who have come across your profile) so that you can use it to modify your idea and learn what people want. If you do not receive feedback or any type of activity (follows, likes, comments), explain why you think that it is and how you can change it. 
4) My biggest surprise was that Kawasaki said that if you're not upsetting anyone on social media, then you're not using it aggressively as you should be. When I notice the same posts repeatedly, it annoys me and I may unfollow an account permanently or temporarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Savannah! I also read The Art of Social Media and my exercise ended up being the same as yours. I think with something creative and organic like an online presence one of the best ways to learn is by doing. I feel like good social media adds value to a persons life.

    ReplyDelete